Tuesday 6 November 2012

Weekend Getaway

Many beautiful islands are located in Malaysia. There are at least 6-7 islands in malaysia that I know are famous. They are Sipadan, Redang, Perhentian, Pangkor, Tioman, Rawa and Pulau Besar.


My friend (French Girl) and I had the weekend away to Pulau Besar. Pulau Besar literally means "Big Island". It is very isolated and that there aren't many (not at all) cottages. During peak season, you will need to get a booking asap.

We got ourselves a cottage at D'Coconut. FYI, you do not expect to get a 5 star royal treatment cottages but you get a good services. People there are friendly as they have met many foreigners.

The weather was too good to be true. The day was always sunny with cool breeze and the night was even better. It was so windy that we had to wear a jacket! which literally means it's best to take a boat down during the day but again, it depends when you travel.

We enjoyed our stay very much. I accompanied my friend as she wanted to visit a few island in Malaysia.

Nothing to do for the weekend? Treat yourself a little trip to Pulau Besar for a quiet weekend getaway (They are inexpensive).  Small island comes in a big package ;)

(I do not promote D'Coconut for my benefit and I do not have any relations whatsoever with D'Coconut)

No comments:

Post a Comment